-
Senior Member
registered user
mount of vfat device not case aware ...
for directory and file names.
when I mount my Firewire device as a VFAT one like this:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/sda -rw
I notice that I can not write full Upper case names for directory and file names (they are all changed to lower case)
Same thing happens when I use both upper the lower case letters
If I take the drive out of the encasing and plug it as a secondary one under windows I have no problem with it whatsoever
How do you fix this weird naming anomalie?
Albretch
Similar Threads
-
By fergus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
-
By Sandeep in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
-
By w0lfinator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
-
By papaz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:39 AM
-
By pc_dev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99

Timberland Vintage Heavy Duty Brown Leather Messenger Satchel Crossbody Bag
$127.77

Vintage Compaq PS/2 Rack Keyboard 128958-001 Assembly 128710-001 SpaceSaver
$75.99

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99