for directory and file names.
when I mount my Firewire device as a VFAT one like this:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/sda -rw
I notice that I can not write full Upper case names for directory and file names (they are all changed to lower case)
Same thing happens when I use both upper the lower case letters
If I take the drive out of the encasing and plug it as a secondary one under windows I have no problem with it whatsoever
How do you fix this weird naming anomalie?
Albretch

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99