-
how to install truecrypt
Hi Everybody,
I often use my USB stick in windows, and I have encoded some data on it using Truecrypt. This version is also supposed to work with Linux. Can anybody tell me how I can use truecrypt on a linux system? is there a manner to put the "traveller software" in a knoppix compatible way on the USB stick, so I can read the data ?
P.S. please remember I am a complete newbie ....
Thanks thanks Thanks !!!!
-
I don't see any replies, but I'd certainly like to see some.
I'm in pretty much the same boat.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can download linux-version from http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads.php.
However, there is no version for Knoppix or Debian, so you need to download the sources and install from there.
However, this needs kernel-sources, and I don't know where to get kernel-sources for Knoppix 4.0.2 CD, so I wasn't able to install this.
-
Senior Member
registered user
also my problem exactly. the headers *should* be here
http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/kernel/
but it looks like the latest they have is for version 3.9 (which was horribly unstable)
anyone have a direct connect to Klaus to get this updated?
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
malaire
You can download linux-version from
http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads.php.
However, there is no version for Knoppix or Debian, so you need to download the sources and install from there.
However, this needs kernel-sources, and I don't know where to get kernel-sources for Knoppix 4.0.2 CD, so I wasn't able to install this.
Borrow a Knoppix 5.0.1DVD (has the kernel sources) to download/verify the truecrypt source/signature and run the ./truecrypt-4.2a/Linux/build.sh script to compile it. Bzip2 the entire truecrypt-4.2a subdirectory (including the newly compiled items) and to compress and save it as a new, mildly larger archive.
Use this new archive anytime with the 5.0.1CD to bunzip2 it, run the ./truecrypt-4.2a/Linux/install.sh script, and go.
(Perhaps on a 1GB USB stick booting from knoppix iso with 256MB left for a truecrypt storage archive?
)
Similar Threads
-
By userxyz in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-19-2008, 10:17 PM
-
By llista in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2007, 12:51 PM
-
By docinthebox in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$1259.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

PNY CS2340 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 Upgrade Kit SSD 7400/6100MB/s
$130.00

SanDisk Optimus GX 7100 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD Heatsink
$150.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99