-
CLI navigation problems on NTFS volume
I'm using Knoppix ver. 3.4 CD (specifically the version that comes with the book Knoppix Hacks) but the issue I'm having should be universal between distros. What I'm trying to do is use Captive-NTFS to allow read/write access (working fine BTW) and navigate the file system in a shell. The goal of which is to delete viri/spyware from the volume. I've been able to mount the drive and delete most of what I want but I'm having specific issues with some of the Windows acceptable long file names, specifically ones with spaces in them i.e. C:\Program Files\ (or if you prefer, /mnt/hda1/Program Files). I can see the folder if I use a ls command in the shell but I can't cd to it. Could this be because it has some attribute I didn't check for?
Thanks in advance,
'Goon
Similar Threads
-
By Gary in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 12:19 PM
-
By tofergregg in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 03:31 AM
-
By Don_PhrostByte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By Kreator in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 08:13 PM
-
By frishert in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99