Knoppix does already use Xfree86 4.3. And it'll use the next available "unstable-Packages", that are available.Originally Posted by Viro
cu
Fabian
Would it be possible to have the latest version of XFree86 with the next Knoppix ISO? The reason this is important is because it fixes quite a number of issues with Radeon cards (specifically lockups due to DRI).
Knoppix does already use Xfree86 4.3. And it'll use the next available "unstable-Packages", that are available.Originally Posted by Viro
cu
Fabian
I know it uses 4.3. And that's the problem. XFree86 4.3 has buggy Radeon support, quite a number of them were fixed in the very latest release (4.3.99??), release. This is something I'm quite keen to have on Knoppix, because I'm sure there are a lot of Radeon owners out there who don't want to have to recompile XFree86 from source (me included).
This bring up an interesting thing about debian. Stable vs Unstable, version in Stable can be unstable for some and version in Unstable sometimes make things more stable![]()
As I already said: Xfree 4.3.99 will be in Knoppix, when it is available in debian. I think it already is, so it will also be on next Knoppix. (or latest (2Originally Posted by Viro
dunno.)
What do you expect ? That someone recompiles XFree4.3 from Source only for Knoppix ?
With just one man, who does that ?
You can't seriously think that.
cu
Fabian
No disrespect was intended. If its in the next Knoppix CD, cool. Otherwise, I'll just wait for it.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20
x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
LOT OF 250 Mixed 8GB 1Rx16 PC4-3200AA Laptop Memory
$6500.00
Lot of 50 SK Hynix 4GB 1Rx16 PC4-2400T-SC0-11 HMA851S6AFR6N-UH DDR4 RAM TH638
$799.98
Lot of 12 - SK hynix 8 GB DDR4 1Rx4 2133MT/s Memory Module HMA41GR7AFR4N-TF
$300.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95