-
Just installing one app, but asks for a HUGE download
I just installed Knoppix 4.0.2 to HD. I did an apt-get to install kscreensavers and it is requiring the installation of 149 packages for a total of 222 MB, including many KDE apps. It looks like it is asking me to upgrade a big chunk of the KDE system, libs and apps, just to install kscreensavers.
The question: How can I avoid this big download and just install what I want?
This is the command I am using, in case you are wondering:
Code:
apt-get install kscreensavers
I did the same thing succesfully with Knoppix 3.9, without the big download.
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By babelbrennt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:09 PM
-
By jinzora in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By philhu in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 03:21 PM
-
By vinoko in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 06:05 PM
-
By mnomn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

IBM ThinkPad UltraBay Hard Drive Lot 3 OEM HDD Caddies 20GB 40GB & 60GB Drives
$59.99

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK OEM Genuine
$7.99