-
[Live 4.0.2] trying to access internet.
Again I felt it was time to give Linux a try and saw the Live 4.0.2.
I created the CD and booted.
I wanted to try out the connection to internet and did a ADSL PPPoE config.
I have a Alcatel Speed Touch Home connected on an ethernet card.
I could run through the configuration panels and have given the neccesary login info.
On the question if I would start the internet session I replied yes andsaw the lights on the modem flicker for a short period.
But I had no connection as trying to go to a website resulted in a message site couldn't connect to the site.
I checked if I could ping the modem (10.0.0.13
and that worked.
How can I diagnose this further or is it not supported on the Live CD?
Then I tried to connect to the internet via the dialup modem.
Again the configuration seemed to be done, but the provider wasn't phoned, hence no intenet access.
Is this supported on the Live CD and how can I diagnose further?
There could be a third possibility for me.
I have two computers connected through Firewire and on the first one a proxy server under Windows is installed.
Under windows I can connect to internet on the second machine via this proxy on the first machine.
Now if the second machine runs the Live CD could I do the same thing and connect to the internet via the proxy server running under Windows?
What would I need for this?
Similar Threads
-
By Black Knight in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
-
By MichaelYoung in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2006, 12:35 PM
-
By Wrincle in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By tweety77 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By Krazy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD
$34.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00