-
USB, hotplug, Gnome, Urghh!
I've recently updated a HDD install to 'unstable' and installed gnome-desktop-environment. After a problem with 'initscripts' which I overcame using a tip on here to try the command 'dpkg --force-overwrite -i <filename.deb>' I found the mouse wouldn't work. The boot-time readout stuff seemed to imply that USB devices weren't being scanned. The USB mouse certainly didn't come up as a choice in 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86'.
I'd noticed that 'hotplug' had been removed; reinstalling it enabled the mouse, but several Gnome components were uninstalled! Any ideas, or am I stuck waiting for an upgrade to the Gnome stuff with better USB support?
Regds, RM
Similar Threads
-
By rothenstein in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2006, 01:42 AM
-
By CallACD in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 08:59 AM
-
By jxn in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:06 PM
-
By docsneider in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:25 AM
-
By Massive in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91