You could just download & use the 4.0.2 CD instead. KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN 694.61 MB
Not all my machines have a DVD player, so would it be possible to create a Live CD from a Live DVD.
For starters I wouldn't know which files to copy for the ISO.
I have Knoppix Live 4.0.2. DVD.
cheers
You could just download & use the 4.0.2 CD instead. KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN 694.61 MB
Problem is I'm still on dial-up.
cheers
Ok, so you would have to do the rematering process but remove about 5GB worth of data from the compressed DVD image file before it would fit on a CD. It is certainly possible but I can tell you from my own experiences that it is not an easy or quick task.
Well I think I'll just buy the Live CD as well then.
Thanks for trying.![]()
I would strongly advise burning your own over buying one. Most sellers (if they send you anything at all) seem to burn at high speed (to maximize their profit), which has been frequently shown to cause a number of problems.Originally Posted by wobbler
Thanks, but that would take about 2½ days to download on my slow dial-up.
Or maybe you know of an easy way to make a Live CD from a DVD.
cheers
Find friend with high speed access.Originally Posted by wobbler
Say "I'll give you this great Knoppix DVD if you download a CD ISO for me".
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
SuperMicro 938-16 5039ms-h8trf 3U MicroCloud SuperServer w 8 X11SSD-F Blades 2PS
$899.00
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Nutanix Supermicro NXS2U2NL12G600 2x Node with Motherboards, Backplanes, & More
$450.00