-
Partition XP Pro
Hi
I just bought a new PC. I'm planning to run Linux on the previous PC and see if I perhaps can make a complete switch to Linux and leave Win behind... 
However, until I'm a bit more comfortable with Linux, I'll also be running Win on the new PC. As usual, Dell shipped the PC with only one partition. I wish to repartition (reduce c: in size and add a few logical drives) without having to reinstall anything. Buying partitionmagic is not an option (quite expensive for one-time use only). So why not use Knoppix and get started on Linux in one go? So, here's a few questions:
1. Can Knoppix safely repartition Win XP Pro?
2. Will it work with nVidia GeForce 7800?
3. What is the best Linux distro to get started (I'm a Linux noob)?
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
-
By jwg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
-
By kene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2006, 05:25 PM
-
By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72