Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I unmount a swap?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7

    How do I unmount a swap?

    I am trying to partition my HDD in QTParted, and it doesn't let me reformat or partition my swap. How do I unmount the swap?

    Or perhaps I can boot without swap drive mounted. If so, how?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    look at the list of cheat codes
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: How do I unmount a swap?

    Quote Originally Posted by bashhelp
    I am trying to partition my HDD in QTParted, and it doesn't let me reformat or partition my swap. How do I unmount the swap? Or perhaps I can boot without swap drive mounted. If so, how?
    If you've already booted, open a terminal window and type "sudo swapoff -a"

    If you haven't yet booted, use the "noswap" cheatcode at boot time.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6
    Another possibity is to boot to a windows 98 cd and start the computer with CD support. You can run fdisk from command prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. unmount:: command not found
    By transistortoaster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 05:54 PM
  2. i can't unmount my cdrom
    By waellinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 05:36 AM
  3. How to mount/unmount a CD ROM?
    By anton123 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 04:14 AM
  4. cannot unmount knoppix cd
    By roland in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 09:01 PM
  5. How to unmount a CD?
    By Blue in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00