Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I unmount a swap?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7

    How do I unmount a swap?

    I am trying to partition my HDD in QTParted, and it doesn't let me reformat or partition my swap. How do I unmount the swap?

    Or perhaps I can boot without swap drive mounted. If so, how?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    look at the list of cheat codes
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: How do I unmount a swap?

    Quote Originally Posted by bashhelp
    I am trying to partition my HDD in QTParted, and it doesn't let me reformat or partition my swap. How do I unmount the swap? Or perhaps I can boot without swap drive mounted. If so, how?
    If you've already booted, open a terminal window and type "sudo swapoff -a"

    If you haven't yet booted, use the "noswap" cheatcode at boot time.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6
    Another possibity is to boot to a windows 98 cd and start the computer with CD support. You can run fdisk from command prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. unmount:: command not found
    By transistortoaster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 05:54 PM
  2. i can't unmount my cdrom
    By waellinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 05:36 AM
  3. How to mount/unmount a CD ROM?
    By anton123 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 04:14 AM
  4. cannot unmount knoppix cd
    By roland in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 09:01 PM
  5. How to unmount a CD?
    By Blue in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2 picture

i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2

$599.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99