Try using a df command after your mkdir && mount. This will show you what is mounted and it's free space. I have a few reservations about the syntax of your mount command. I am not certain it will mount /dev/hda1 on /windows.
Hello all, I just started using knoppix-std and then discovered this forum.I am new to linux, coming over from windows xp. My problem is this:
1) "mkdir /windows && mount /dev/hda1"
that goes fine but when I then do
2) "cd /windows/WINDOWS/system32/config"
I get file or folder not found. I feel like I'm missing a simple step but can't figure out what. I'm running knoppix-std from a cd on my winxp laptop.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try using a df command after your mkdir && mount. This will show you what is mounted and it's free space. I have a few reservations about the syntax of your mount command. I am not certain it will mount /dev/hda1 on /windows.
mount /dev/hda1 will (if it even works) mount the filesystem on hda1 in /mnt/hda1
if you want it to mount /windows you must change in the textfile /etc/fstab so that the part that reads /mnt/hda1 is replaced with /windows, and there is some script that may overwrite this each reboot (even if hddinstalled).
a "simpler" way would be to mount on /windows would be withreplace filesystem wiht either ntfs or fat32 (most likely ntfs as you use XP)sudo mount -t filesystem /dev/hda1 /windows
if you just klick on the icon on the desktop you get it mounted auto. so just see where the path there point you

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
MPH MACBCOOL Cooling Module for Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Plus 1001-250
$1000.00
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99