-
Junior Member
registered user
How to prepare/SYS a Disk for windows install from KNOPPIX?
Hi All,
I'd like to be able to SYS a hard drive from Linux so that I can copy some DOS files to that drive and start my install directly from the hard drive.
I suppose there may be some different ways to do this.....
1. Edit the boot sector/partition table
2. Image a good/working disk and install the image onto the desired drive
...but these seem a little over complicated for what I want to acheive and I'm not sure that I fully understand what's required at this point anyway.
Does anyone have any experience of having done this? I know it's a strange one but it's to ease windows deployment woes and get people used to using Linux before we go down the whole Linux migration route.
Any help appreciated.
J
Similar Threads
-
By cybergeo3 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-28-2007, 07:53 PM
-
By destro in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
-
By eeoam in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM
-
By francy222 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99