Hi ckamin,

Sorry for being vague......

1. I'm trying to install a win95 version of DOS to FAT32 partition, ultimately so that I can setup a base level environment for a scripted install of Windows 2000/XP, converting to the NTFS filesystem during the build.

2. I don't have access to the "normal" windows install methods via Active Directory etc. and need access to Novell CIFS shares to pull down the i386 folders onto the FAT32 partition to initiate the install.

Summary

partition drive with FAT32 (around 5GB)
SYS FAT32 partition so it's bootable into DOS
connect to network (CIFS) and get i386 folders (and whatever else I might want to include in the build)

There are many reasons I can't use a DOS bootdisk to connect to the network. We have a very difficult environment with many different directory services and we have NO IPX and differing versions of SLP which cause the DOS bootdisk to fail due to the client version and there is no way round that until we sort the whole SLP problem.