I am using Knoppix V4.0.2-DVD Release: 2005-09-23. The system doesn't support
my sound card Diamond Monster Sound MX 300, at startup after recognizing my card as
Soundcard: Vortex 2 driver=au8830
I got the following error
madprobe: FATAL: Error running install command for sound_slot_0
I have a problem with my USB cable modem - Motorola SB4200E SURFBoard Cable Modem.
The system doesn't recognize this modem.
I didn't have such problems using Ubuntu 5.04, Kanotix 2005-03, Xandros 3.02 OCE
and other distros. Although I had the same problems using Knoppix 3.9.
Here is lspci -v listing:
Code:0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (rev 03) Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32 Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M] Capabilities: <available only to root> 0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP bridge (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode]) Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64 Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32 Memory behind bridge: e4000000-e5ffffff Prefetchable memory behind bridge: e6000000-e7ffffff 0000:00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02) Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0 0000:00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01) (prog-if 80 [Master]) Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32 I/O ports at f000 [size=16] 0000:00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI]) Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5 I/O ports at d000 [size=32] 0000:00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02) Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9 0000:00:09.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseTX [Boomerang] Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5 I/O ports at d400 [size=64] Expansion ROM at e8000000 [disabled] [size=64K] 0000:00:0b.0 Communication controller: Conexant HSF 56k Data/Fax/Voice/Spkp (w/Handset) Modem (rev 01) Subsystem: Conexant HSF 56k Data/Fax/Voice/Spkp (w/Handset) Modem Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10 Memory at e9040000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K] I/O ports at d800 [size=8] Capabilities: <available only to root> 0000:00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Aureal Semiconductor Vortex 2 (rev fe) Subsystem: Diamond Multimedia Systems Monster Sound II Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11 Memory at e9000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K] I/O ports at dc00 [size=8] I/O ports at e000 [size=8] Capabilities: <available only to root> 0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV5 [RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro] (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [VGA]) Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 3 Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M] Memory at e6000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M] Capabilities: <available only to root>

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00