Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Saving Config

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    12

    Saving Config

    Okay, when I save my config, of course using the utility, it saves properly and all. But there's just one thing:
    When I reboot into it, it will load almost all of my configs, save for the language, and my desktop wallpaper. And for some reason now, it won't save what I have on the desktop anymore. I have to save things to my zip instead (which will only work properly if I have it in when I boot up, but oh well. I got my home dir and configs saving to it).
    Just thought I'd point that out, since I can't post anything to the news section.

    And yes, I'm using the latest version out there (2003-04-28 ).

    -Harshmage-

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Saving Config

    --I boot my machines all the time w/o having a disk in the zip drive, it should still work... Check ' dmesg|less ' and ' fdisk -l ', it should still detect the drive as SCSI (sda or somesuch) and you can still issue manual ' mount ' commands for it. All you should have to do is have a spare /mnt directory for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordHarshmage
    Okay, when I save my config, of course using the utility, it saves properly and all. But there's just one thing:
    When I reboot into it, it will load almost all of my configs, save for the language, and my desktop wallpaper. And for some reason now, it won't save what I have on the desktop anymore. I have to save things to my zip instead (which will only work properly if I have it in when I boot up, but oh well. I got my home dir and configs saving to it).
    Just thought I'd point that out, since I can't post anything to the news section.

    And yes, I'm using the latest version out there (2003-04-28 ).

    -Harshmage-

Similar Threads

  1. saving config.
    By Kelly in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 12:08 AM
  2. Saving config to a floppy
    By extradudeguy in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 11:33 PM
  3. Saving Config to Floppy
    By SerenityNet in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 11:59 AM
  4. Problem with saving config (KNOPPIX 3.2)
    By duffy in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 05:46 PM
  5. Saving config in 3.2
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA picture

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA

$196.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU picture

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU

$6998.00



AddOn Juniper Networks QDD- 400G-DAC-1M Compatible TAA Compliant 400GBase-CU picture

AddOn Juniper Networks QDD- 400G-DAC-1M Compatible TAA Compliant 400GBase-CU

$900.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99