-
Knoppix can't mount hdd, wrong fs type
Hi,
I am trying to recover files from my hard drive, because Windows won't boot anymore. I tried re-partitioning, and it failed, and left me with Windows not working.
When I click on hda2, it tells me:
wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda2
missing codepage or other error
So, then I tried: mount -t ntfs /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
and it still says "wrong fs type..."
So I entered the command that lets me see all the partitions, and hda2 was there, and it showed the right size of it and that it was ntfs.
Does anyone know how I can mount this device so that I can copy the files to a cd and abe on my way?
Similar Threads
-
By smhall05 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2008, 03:36 AM
-
By tommydl in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM
-
By punkbg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 11:16 AM
-
By tnorala in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 03:29 AM
-
By rman666 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 04:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

PfSense: 4x1Gb 4x10Gb 2x40Gb, E3-1275 v5, 32GB, 80GB, AES-NI (Supermicro X11SSW)
$359.00

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99