-
SBLive Value: No MIDI
Although I was originally unable to get sound to work on my 3.2 (4/18) install, I found that knoppix alsa worked pretty good. But still: no MIDI!
According to the alsa SBLive page, MIDI isn't even supported? But their Wiki page on the emu10k1 talks about all kinds of MIDI.
Any tips?
Relevant excerpts from lspci -v:
00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08)
Subsystem: Creative Labs CT4832 SBLive! Value
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at a800 [size=32]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
00:0d.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port (rev 08)
Subsystem: Creative Labs Gameport Joystick
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
I/O ports at a400 [disabled] [size=8]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
An attempt to modconf in the "emu10k1" module (which, I don't know, should I even try installing if I already am running alsa?) results in:
Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
/lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o: insmod emu10k1 failed
Installation failed.
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/build
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/kernel
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.generic_string is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.ieee1394map is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.isapnpmap is not an ELF file
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/modules.parportmap
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.pcimap is not an ELF file
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/modules.pnpbiosmap
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.usbmap is not an ELF file
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/net
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/pcmcia
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/usb
depmod: Can't open /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep for writing
-
SBLive! Value Not Supported By Creative
I went looking for Linux drivers directly from Creative but as what seems to be a common theme "no support for linux"
http://www.americas.creative.com/sup...s=12&subcat=16
However on that page they do point out:
http://opensource.creative.com/
May have some fixes. I havn't quiet yet gotten around to checking them out yet.
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:10 PM
-
By dmitry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 02:29 AM
-
By slicksps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By XerithsLover in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00