The isuue is really curious. I was trying to get rid of a virus in my work laptop and I needed to restart in safe mode.
The problem is that I've discover that I don't know the password for the machine (only for loging as domain user) and the boot.ini file has been modified so it only starts in safe mode. I haven't found another sollution than editing the file from my knoppix 9 and removing the commands that force Safe Mode.
The main problem is that it doesn't allow me to save the file when I modify it (from vi and being logged as root) and I don't find the utility captive-ntfs which seems to be made for this purpose.
Can anybody help me to solve this issue? Even if the sollution is not related with knoppix the help will be useful.
I've also read that doing modifications over a NTFS file can be catastrophic. Could this be the case? I think that the modifications I'm willing to do over the file won't even affect it's size.... Any oppinion?
Thanks a lot!

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69