-
Junior Member
registered user
hdinstall on /hdd2, like to have /home/frank on /dev/sda2
Hi,
I request some help please. I installed the Knoppix 4 DVD on /dev/hdd2 and I would like my home directory to be located on /sda2/home/frank instead of /hdd2/home/frank. What filepermissions/ ownership do I need for the /sda2/home/frank directory? How do I make the mount and symbolic links? Do I need to modify /etc/lilo.conf?
Also, the knoppix-installer didn't set my primary hard disk (/sda1) to give me the boot menu of linux vs Windows when I boot up. Is there a FAQ for that?
Thanks,
Frank
Similar Threads
-
By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
-
By transistortoaster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
-
By Simonkex in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00