-
Suggest me a distro?
My hardware have drifted down to the low end. So I will have to be economic with my resources. The new distros I tried really on a lot of resources, which I do not have.
Would someone please suggest me a distro that is 1 CD. That is not heavily bloated (SUSE, Fedora, Mandriva, etc). XFce has to integrate well into the distro. Has a built-in firewall.
HAS TO have good hardware detection. I tried many distros, and it has lousy hardware detection.
And easy to install. I had the hardest time trying to install Slackware-based distros. Nothing boots after going through all the choices I had to make.
Please EXCLUDE the following as I already tried and didn't work for me. If it worked for you or you like the distro, then good for you. I am looking for something that I might work for me; not what worked for you. So PLEASE if you see your favourite distro below, don't try to convince me or debate me over it.
Here they are in no particular order: (K)Ubuntu, (Open) SUSE, Mandriva, Red Hat, Fedora, Debian, Damn Small, Arch, Ark, Zenwalk, Slackware, Slax, PCLinuxOS, Xandros, Vector.
Also exclude, the live-CDs. Distros without a communitee (forums) or are not active in on-going development or have a handful of developers.
Thanks for reading. Please keep it on topic.
Similar Threads
-
By pranav in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-08-2006, 06:20 PM
-
By maxIT in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2006, 04:49 AM
-
By OP4Latino in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 04:52 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99