-
Bios Changed after installation
After using Knoppix 4.0.2 on a live DVD I decided to install it on a Microtel 1.1 Ghz with AMI bios. After the install it wouldn't connect to the internet. I went in and configured the network card. I was then able to connect to the internet. Upon rebooting the computer, I recieved an error message stating to put in a boot disk (cdrom or floppy). I did not choose this option when I installed Knoppix. I put in the live DVD and it booted but of course it was running off the live DVD. I went into the bios and discovered that they had been changed to boot 1st from CD, 2nd from Realtek (etho card) 3rd floppy. How did Knoppix change my bios to boot from the network card? I tried to change it to my hard drive but that is no longer even an option, booting from Realtek (network) replaced it in the boot options list. It has total screwed my computer to being next to unusable. I tried installing a different distro in hope it would clear things up but it doesn't. Knoppix has made my computer a door stop. Luckly it is just a spare computer I have for testing out distros.
I may have inadvertantly configured the card wrong but it sure shouldn't change my bios. Especially since I can't change them back to boot from the hard drive.
Any ideas?
I'm hoping I'll be able to reflash the bios and cure this.
Similar Threads
-
By donnysrx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 03:47 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 12:36 PM
-
By kclawson in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 02:18 AM
-
By tralfaz in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 12:16 AM
-
By kiru9867 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99