-
Installing Debian today! What common mistakes will I make?
OK, read everything on the internet on the topic (well, as much as I could!) and am getting ready to install Debian when my new harddrive arrives tommorow.
What am I likely to do wrong? Are there any common mistakes that I can easily avoid etc?
Also, do I get an obvious choice over whether I install KDE or GNOME? How do I choose KDE? All screenshots of Debian I have seen use GNOME. I have used GNOME with Ubuntu, and didn't really like it! If it is too hard, I can just get used to living with it though!
Currently I am ndiswrapper-ing my windows drivers for networking. On a hard disk install (as opposed to the live-cds), will it 'remember' to do this when I boot it up, or will I have to enter this information manually each time? How can I create a script to set this up on startup? It's annoying having to remember my 256 bit WEP key on every boot!
Just in case it matters:
Pentium 4
Creative 5.1 Soundcard
ndiswrapper-able wireless drivers
Intel Integrated Graphics
... etc
I will wait to hear from this thread before installing I think, I have to uni work as well... don't want to spend all week installing Debian n-times to correct stupid mistakes!
Thanks for all your help, I have gone from zero to linux in about 2 months! (Almost 5 mins...)
Rich
Similar Threads
-
By Ginner9 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-01-2010, 08:40 PM
-
By stoned_bush in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-23-2005, 10:21 AM
-
Replies: 20
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By demonstrate in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 10:21 PM
-
By oldgeezer in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 03:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95