-
Mode Master on WPC54G
Hi!
I have a WPC54G wireless card and I am trying to set its mode to master. The command I have tried is:
iwconfig wlan0 mode master
the error I get is:
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8806) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
As you can probably guess, I am new to knoppix. In face I downloaded it about 2 days ago and am using a live cd.
From what I have read, I should switch to hostap drivers and then be able to swtich to master mode, but knoppix does not come with hostap drivers. It comes with hostapd drivers and I am not sure if they are the same thing or how to use them. Will they even work for my card?
If anyone can provide some information on how to set my WPC54G card into master mode I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By thatsflash in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-09-2006, 06:22 PM
-
By KnightWhoSaysNi in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 08:30 PM
-
By ilan1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
-
By warrenite in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 05:45 AM
-
By israndy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE
$190.99