-
No connection to network (d-link router not PINGable)
Hi there,
first of all: yes, I DID use the search function and I thought it had helped ... but not completely.
I'm running Knoppix (Live CD) 3.7 on a notebook (by the way: NEVER buy a Gericom Notebook!)
I want to connect to a D-Link DI-624 Router ( IP 192.168.0.1 ) which has an established connection to the Internet.
A Desktop-Computer ( IP 192.168.0.100 ) is also connected to the router and has access to the internet.
Trying to receive an IP-Address for eth0 via DHCP fails (DHCP is enabled on Router, Desktop received 192.168.0.100)
used netcardconfig to set
eth0
IP-Address: 192.168.0.101
Network-Mask: 255.255.255.0
Broadcast-Address: 192.168.0.255
Default-Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Nameserver: 192.168.0.1 (DNS Relay on Router is activated)
Looks fine so far ... but no connect to Internet ... no connect to Router, nor via Browser, neither via PING
PING simply does nothing when I hit enter. No timeout, no "not reachable" ...
What am I doing wrong?!
Similar Threads
-
By thebeing in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 12:50 AM
-
By l0815 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 11:03 PM
-
By l0815 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By strogon42 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 MEMORY
$219.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96