Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ndiswrapper and no hardware

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1

    ndiswrapper and no hardware

    been using dsl and have had success getting online with ndiswrapper. When I run ndiswrapper with knoppix and do a ndiswrapper -l I'll get a driver listing but no hardware shows in list? Any thoughts?? Thanks - John RXMAN

  2. #2

    Same here

    I am having the same problem here.
    I can install the driver no problem but its not seeing any hardware
    I've tried hwsetup as root but no luck either
    However when I lspci -v i can see my wireless card at
    Code:
    0000:00:0d.0 Ethernet Controller. Linksys, a division of Ciscosystems Unknown divice 2120
    subsystem:linksys:unknon device 0020
    Flags: medium Devsel, IRQ 255
    Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, non prefetchable) [disabled] [size=2k]
    capabilities: [40] Powermanagement Version 2
    What do I need to do to get it to recognise it?

    Update:
    Using lspci -n and put the number for the driver in ndiswrapper -d
    so now it says that the hardware is present. Not sure if I acctually fixed the problem though

  3. #3

    nevermind

    I was using the wrong driver, as soon as i got the proper one i did the whole thing in seconds.
    Thanks for all the help.....
    It was probably better this way anyway, so, Thank you for allowing me to learn from my mistakes and such giving me personal growth, i was acctually yelling when i got it working. Its like a baby teaching itself to walk without help. but whatever,
    Knoppix is number 1 in my book.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3
    Hey, I just for the first time connected to the internet thorugh wireless on knoppix. I'm so happy about it! The strange thing is that every time I try to visit these forumsI lose my my wireless connection I was wondering why this is?

    Any way this is how I am connecting:

    Root Console:

    su
    ndiswrapper -i "" (driver name)
    ndiswrapper -m
    modprobe ndiswrapper (integrates driver with kernal)
    *wlcardconfig (can set wep key + essid for you but I don't use it)
    iwlist scan ( use 'scan | less' if too many come up on the screen )
    iwconfig wlan0 essid ""
    pump -i wlan0

    I want to thank the forums as I found each bit of information and was finnaly able to connect yesterday. I am a succesful convert, I will be using debian and knoppix mostly from now on.

Similar Threads

  1. How to use ndiswrapper
    By 2k3autococker in forum Networking
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 08:20 AM
  2. NDiswrapper on 5.1.1
    By Protocol in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
  3. 'modprobe ndiswrapper' cannot find ndiswrapper module
    By Kaishain in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
  4. ndiswrapper
    By giant_toaster in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
  5. Add special hardware to the hardware detection on boot
    By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens picture

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens

$249.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99



Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor picture

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor

$39.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00



AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad

$355.99