Knoppix 5.0.1 seems to cause some extra problem if using mkinitramfs. Boot process fails in Starting udev hot-plug hardware detection.... It should reply 'started' but now it is 'failed'.

I can bypass that by changing linuxrc:
Code:
  # /dev is a special case, it is now normally handled via udev
#  UNIONDEV=""
#  case "$CMDLINE" in *noudev*) UNIONDEV="dev"; ;; esac
#  for i in bin boot etc $UNIONDEV sbin var lib opt root usr; do # Move directories to unionfs
 for i in bin boot dev etc sbin var lib opt root usr; do # Move directories to unionfs
As you can see that last line is from Knoppix 4.0.2 (or from Kanotix - don't remember) and I had to comment 'UNIONDEV' section out from new Knoppix 5.0.1's linuxrc.

How could this be fixed? I don't find any better solution myself. I don't know exactly what this can cause but I noticed that Ctrl-O in Midnight Commander clears the screen in virtual consoles. It don't do that using original Knoppix 5.0.1's minirt.gz file with initrdfs.

Should init file be modified? Now my init file is:
Code:
#!/static/ash
/linuxrc
exec /etc/init "$@" </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1