-
WLAN Config Problem
Hi,
I use Knoppix 3.8 live CD and want to run a Netgear MA401 WLAN-PCMCIA card. After inserting the card, lsmod shows me that orinoco_cs modules are loaded automatically. I expected a prism2 module but the card is recognized anyway as eth0. The command iwconfig shows me that eth0 is available.
Then I do the following commands:
iwconfig eth0 essid "ConnectionPoint"
iwconfig eth0 key s:mypassword
iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc
iwconfig eth0 ap any
Now I expect that I get an IP via DHCP, but iwconfig doesn't show an IP, furthermore I can't see eth0 when running ifconfig.
Can someone help me?
Similar Threads
-
By killozap in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
-
By StefanR in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2005, 08:50 AM
-
By lotech in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By cybersmurf in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
-
By sirzion in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00