-
Trying to partition drive, Qparted doesn't seem to work!
Hello,
I tried Knoppix 4.0 and everything works including wireless. Awesome!! Now I want to install it on my XP Laptop. Here's the problem:
I purposely installed XP on a FAT32 disc so I could make a dual boot with Linux. But when I run Qparted, I resize the partition (hda1) to free up space, but all I get is an empty box with a (!) in it and nothing happens.
Can someone help, or suggest another way to create a partition?
Thanks
Tom
-
have never use qtparted to resize a partition. After you select to resize are you then going to {Start}/&commit. You will likely need to reboot between each operatiton. Not on linux now so not sure of {Start}, top left of qtparted window. Only use linux 1 week.
You can use Partition Resizer , be sure there are no bad sectors on hdd. Read all the FAQ's at site first.
http://zeleps.com/
You should make 1 partition for Knoppix and 1 small partition for the swap.
-
Thanks
Yeah, I think booting DOS and using partition resizer and ranish may be my best bet.
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
-
By Fiddler in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
-
By rhybeka in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 11:56 AM
-
By lilguru in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:05 PM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99