-
ps2 mouse not working (tried cheats)
Hi.
I'm new to Linux. This looks like a promising way to explore it. However, despite everything booting up well from the CD, my ps2 mouse is frozen. I've tried the command line boot cheat as well as switching to the text console (won't let me switch back to X-Screen though).
Any suggestions?
TIA,
Tim
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
This is very strange, ps2 mice have always woked fine for me under Knoppix on many systems. Just a few thoughts:
You don't identify the make and model of the mouse or the computer; that information could be helpful.
If there is a small slide switch on the bottom of the mouse, try it in the other position.
Try a different mouse.
Lead a better life, this could be a karma thing.
Look in your system's BIOS for any mouse related settings.
-
Hi Harry,
Thanks for the prompt response.
>>You don't identify the make and model of the mouse or the computer; that information could be helpful.
Well, the mouse is just a 'generic' optical mouse.
PC: AMD Athlon XP1700+ , 1467 MHz , 256Kb cache
>>If there is a small slide switch on the bottom of the mouse, try it in the other position.
No dice (or switch) unfortunately.
>>Try a different mouse.
Not possible at this very minute - but I could buy an non-optical ps2 mouse as a spare I guess.
>>Lead a better life, this could be a karma thing.
Sainthood has alluded me thus far for some reason, so I had thought of the karma angle
>>Look in your system's BIOS for any mouse related settings.
What sort of thing should I be looking for?
Best,
Tim
-
Hi Harry,
Thanks for the prompt response.
>>You don't identify the make and model of the mouse or the computer; that information could be helpful.
Well, the mouse is just a 'generic' optical mouse.
>>If there is a small slide switch on the bottom of the mouse, try it in the other position.
No dice (or switch) unfortunately.
>>Try a different mouse.
Not possible at this very minute - but I could buy an non-optical ps2 mouse as a spare I guess.
>>Lead a better life, this could be a karma thing.
Sainthood has alluded me thus far for some reason, so I had thought of the karma angle
>>Look in your system's BIOS for any mouse related settings.
What sort of thing should I be looking for?
Best,
Tim
-
lost mouse
I have the same problem. I just did a harddrive install of Knoppix 4.0.2 on a Thinkpad T23 and except for sound everything else seemed to be working ok (sound was working ok with live cd but stopped working after harddrive install).
After 5 minutes of using knoppix, my trackpoint stopped working. So i rebooted, and trackpoint still doesn't work. I plugged in a USB mouse and that works fine, but my trackpoint still does not respond.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: lost mouse

Originally Posted by
raviji7
I have the same problem. I just did a harddrive install of Knoppix 4.0.2......
You don't have the same problem. The original poster stated clearly that they were booting from CD. Many things break after a hard disk install, if the mouse works for you when booting from CD then this is just another of them.
Similar Threads
-
By lkraemer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
-
By LauraS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-25-2007, 07:31 PM
-
By genaro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM
-
By dek in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By Joninator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Bulk Lot of 9x 16GB DDR4 SODIMM 3200MHz Laptop RAM (SK Hynix & Samsung)
$500.00

LOT of 4 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2933Y HMA82GR7CJR8N RDIMM Server 288 Pin
$295.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95