Originally Posted by pheadxdll
I have an hp pavilion f1703 flat panel lcd screen. When I boot knoppix regularly I get the 1024x800 res. When I boot with the parameters knoppix screen=1280x1024 the highest res is KDE is 1115x925 (or something similar). My moniter is made to run at 1280x1024 so anything other than that results in bluring. LCD's only work well on one res anyway...
Thanks,
Alex
Originally Posted by pheadxdll
I had a similar problem with V4.02 and my lcd monitor, I ended up using a pclinux live CD and then went in and found the XF86Config-4 file to see what pclinuxos found for my monitor (since it had no trouble with 1280X1024. I copied this mode line in my XF86Config-4 for my knoppix install, then added (1280X1024) in the options (same file, at the en you will see all the possible resolution selections, in each the new resolution must be added). Works great for me now. add a note to this forum if you want more detail.Originally Posted by pheadxdll
Ok, since I am really new at this, could you explain this process a little bit more?
I am using a Dell UltraSharp LCD and have to use vga=normal to even get Knoppix-STD to not blank after the "loading miniroot.gz" screen, so I'd love to be able to get actual resolution on my screen when I can finally get the kernel to load
Thanks for any help you can give me...
-Tara
I'm running the same problem.
After editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 what have you done?
I've used kxconfig to change screen resolution but what I've got was 640x480 after selecting 1280*1024

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99