-
Is there an easy way to store the decompressed (which is what like 2.5 Gigs?) on the hard drive. Then load that, from the hard drive, into RAM and run it from RAM?
Should I store an uncompressed version on a DVD then boot the DVD to RAM?
What I want to do is run as fast as possible from RAM, which means uncompressed. Obviously if I could load to RAM from the hard drive it would be faster than from a CD/DVD. I am willing to boot from a CD/DVD into RAM if that is the only option, as I don't expect to be rebooting all that often, I was just hoping for to forego the CD/DVD.
This is turing into, perhaps, the perfect excuse to build a bursting-at-the-seams-with-memory rig.
Similar Threads
-
By Paul_R in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
-
By n()()dle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By Medicate in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By necokop in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:14 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98