-
1) I said I will not install it to the hard drive. What I really meant was I will not run it from the hard drive.
I realize it would take a large amount of ram. As I said, it could be a nice excuse to build a large-ram machine.
I also realize that I will not run most programs regularly. However, being in the learning phase, I will run most of them atleast a few times.
I do not plan on rebooting very often so waiting for the hard drive to write its OS to ram would be acceptable to me. Plus I do not think it would take very long even if 2+ GB of data were transfered.
I would also like to see what realworld benifits there are to running an OS off ram. I would imagine it could be very fast. I'm just trying to learn.
I was thinking maybe I would uncompress the Live CD. Then store the uncompressed CD as a (much larger) ISO DVD. I could then copy the ISO to the hard drive and write to ram every ensuing boot.
As I said before. I am learning and am resonably sure I will, in the not to distant future, run other distros (probabaly debian) but for now I will play with knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By Paul_R in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
-
By n()()dle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By Medicate in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By necokop in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:14 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00