Hi!
I have a WPC54G wireless card and I am trying to set its mode to master. The command I have tried is:
iwconfig wlan0 mode master
the error I get is:
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8806) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
As you can probably guess, I am new to knoppix. In face I downloaded it about 2 days ago and am using a live cd.
From what I have read, I should switch to hostap drivers and then be able to swtich to master mode, but knoppix does not come with hostap drivers. It comes with hostapd drivers and I am not sure if they are the same thing or how to use them. Will they even work for my card?
If anyone can provide some information on how to set my WPC54G card into master mode I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$69.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power
$129.99
Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99
Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing
$96.00
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00