-
Junior Member
registered user
Saving Config to Floppy
I'm using v3.2 and booting from CD. I'm running on an older HP Vectra with NTFS partitions, and therefore must use floppies (for several reasons) for any write functions.
I've tried saving my config files to both a separate floppy and to the boot floppy (created with rawrite2). With both, during boot, I get an error,
At the boot prompt I've tried both:
"knoppix myconfig=scan" and
"knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" and
"knoppix myconfig=/mnt/floppy" but I still get the error below.
Checking /mnt/for KNOPPIX configuration files...
Filesystem not autodetected, trying to mount /dev/ with AES256 encryption.
/dev/: Is a directory
Mount failed, retry? [Y/n]
What do I need to do to have my config restored from the floppy disk during boot. (And what is the /dev/ directory?)
Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Similar Threads
-
By Leslie Simon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By extradudeguy in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 11:33 PM
-
By jmsuthar in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:18 PM
-
By LordHarshmage in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2003, 08:49 AM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 25
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99