Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Keyboard

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard

    Hi
    i am brand new user of knoppix, I just have started from Today.
    So far I ve learnt how to make commands on Linux by myself and seems that I should have studied more!

    So here is situation, I have my keyboard attached to my laptop but if doesnt work
    when I am using knoppix, I suspect this has something to do with "mnt".
    Also i cannot go to any site from mozzila....To this, i have no idea.

    Thanks in advance!!

    SH

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2
    here i am again....

    I am using knoppix 3.7 on my fujitsu FM-V biblo MG9/850.....

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hessen, DE
    Posts
    24
    First of all, I think, the two problems have nothing to do with each other. So let's just deal with them one-by-one.

    Keyboard: To help you, we need to know, how the keyboard is connected to your Laptop. There are three connection types for keyboards: DIN, PS/2 and USB (maybe there are even more, but I don't know any other). DIN is a (round) plug about 2 cm in diameter, PS/2 about 1 cm (also round). USB is rectangular. Which one do you have?

    Mozilla: Have you tried any other browsers? Or any other program that tries to connect to any server on the internet?
    You could also try the following:
    - open a shell (for example "konsole" or "xterm")
    - enter the following command: ping -c 4 www.heise.de
    - paste the output of the ping command on this forum
    - if the output contains "4 packets transmitted, 4 received", there is a problem with your browser (Mozilla)
    - if the output contains "ping: unknown host", there seems to be something wrong with your internet connection

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    actually I know of four connection types, your three and serialport (comport), not comon but I have one.
    EDIT and the RJ-11, RJ45 specials for some older consoles.../EDIT

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hessen, DE
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by OErjan
    actually I know of four connection types, your three and serialport (comport), not comon but I have one.
    Interesting ... I never encountered one of those, I only know comport-mice, but no comport-keyboards.

    Quote Originally Posted by OErjan
    EDIT and the RJ-11, RJ45 specials for some older consoles.../EDIT
    I don't know much about older consoles, but isn't that a strange use for RJ-x? I allways thought, RJ-11 for telephony, RJ-45 for Ethernet ...

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    there where a BUNCH of weird conectors in the 70' and 80's, even some in the 90's. I have no RJx keyboards but I have seen them often enough.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hessen, DE
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by OErjan
    there where a BUNCH of weird conectors in the 70' and 80's, even some in the 90's. I have no RJx keyboards but I have seen them often enough.
    Ah, I see. I started computing in 1994, so I don't know much about the really old hardware (or software). Anyway i'm glad that there aren't that many connectors nowadays.

Similar Threads

  1. Only Have uk keyboard in kde.
    By Nails in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 03:11 PM
  2. USB Keyboard
    By ptracton in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
  3. USB Keyboard
    By FrankZappa17_4 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 01:24 AM
  4. help on keyboard!
    By gENO in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 01:09 AM
  5. UK Keyboard
    By ian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8 picture

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8

$170.99



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM picture

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM

$129.00



Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap picture

Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap

$35.00



Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh picture

Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh

$239.99



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$11.75



Vintage 5.25

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS⁠

$49.00



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00