-
Hi everybody, first
the question was " Is it right that Knoppix users are going less in number?? " and my reply goes like this:
"afaik Knoppix users are increased by one. me!" 
well, no kidding... right two weeks ago a hard disk (of three) was messed up for power loss AND most: windows
I'm a persistent user of windows since the 3.1. After this last incident I felt it was really enough. Even thought my
very first aim was rescue the data. Harsh, for windows while reading IT WRITES. And any DOS boot floppy (I mean
any DOS version higher than the 6.22) won't help either. So what to do when almost 60 Gb FAT32 are gone?
I'll try to keep it short: I was told by a friend that Knoppix would help. Didn't even know of its existence.
My stars were at the right place when my girlfriend phoned me telling that she found a magazine dated March
2005 with included the KNOPPIX 3.7 cd!
Although I never learned C++ before (well deep in asm x86 and more, but C), looking for a tool that could clone
my faulty disk and discovered ddrescue (by A.Diaz). I was able to compile and link it, run it and... well perhaps I
was lucky again! Since the first Knoppix run the rescue process goes on (it's two weeks now) unsuccesfully but...
my positive impression about KNOPPIX is evolving to the point: "won't get back to that sh... er... to windows".
I humbly keep on digging into Knoppix (or should I say Linux?) to know it better.
I'm glad to be a +1 to the Knoppix users
Someone posted before about "the right choice depends on what you really need". Always true.
In my case I feel the choice both right and best.
mAU
Similar Threads
-
By bpfurtado in forum Klik
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
-
By loam21 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99