-
Buffer I/O error on device sro ???
I'm attempting to boot knoppix 4.0.2 on a SCSI cdrom. I get the following:
Burffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 138740
end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 554964
this repeats about 10 times with different blocks and sectors and then gives:
cloop: Read error at pos 281164713 in file /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX, 29684 blocks lost.
and this happens time and time again as well
The system will eventually start, but really crippled.
I've booted this CD successfully on two other systems.
Would this be a bad CDROM drive causing this?
Thanks,
Pat
Similar Threads
-
By Andu3019 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2007, 05:10 PM
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:45 AM
-
By jcdecode in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:01 AM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 06:06 AM
-
By arashb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Amiga 3000 Computer 25MHz '030, 6MB, BlueSCSI, Mouse & Keyboard
$2399.99

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00

Vintage Commodore AMIGA 1000 Computer, Turns On, Read
$699.95

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

AMIGA Commodore A1200
$999.99

Commodore Amiga 500 Ram Expansion 512KB + Switch - Fast USA Seller
$24.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00