Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using CUPS to configure a network printer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7

    Using CUPS to configure a network printer

    Hello, I am having some trouble configuring a network printer. I was able to use the add printer utility in the Knoppix 4.02 Distro to go as far as the driver installation, but the recommended driver would not install (missing components or something) I found another driver selection that printed a half page before breaking so I know my IP address was correct (no luck since then) What would be the procedure to add a printer driver so that it would be visible in the choices in the control center/ printing configuration/driver installation. My printer happens to be a Canon BJC-2110, and I believe that the correct driver is gimp-print, again, I do not know how to get it there. -I am a newbe

    Thanks for any help in Advance!

    jbikejavascript:emoticon('')
    Cool

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    Hi,
    Did you make any progress? I'm trying to use Knoppix on my PC to get to my Mac's USB printer. What do I do in http://localhost:631?
    Frank

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by transistordude
    Hi,
    Did you make any progress? I'm trying to use Knoppix on my PC to get to my Mac's USB printer. What do I do in http://localhost:631?
    Frank
    I was successful, allthough I am still having trouble. Problem is that I cannot (do not know how to) install the correct printer driver for my CanonBJC2110. Some of the installed printer drivers work for some doc's but not for all. I still need help.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 06:25 PM
  2. needed to configure network printer.....
    By ira in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:43 AM
  3. lexmark printer problem under CUPS
    By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
  4. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  5. wishlist: preinstalled PDF-printer in CUPS
    By heinere in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 01:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Computer Motherboard Used picture

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used

$250.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989  Untested  picture

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested

$207.92



Rare Vintage Soviet KM1801VM3 (КМ1801ВМ3) 16-bit CPU Processor - White Ceramic picture

Rare Vintage Soviet KM1801VM3 (КМ1801ВМ3) 16-bit CPU Processor - White Ceramic

$99.00



Rare Vintage Soviet T34VM1 (Т34ВМ1) Z80 CPU Processor picture

Rare Vintage Soviet T34VM1 (Т34ВМ1) Z80 CPU Processor

$99.00



Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed picture

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed

$34.99



Aspen Peripherals Vintage Control Interface PCB Optrex LCD Module Lot of 2 picture

Aspen Peripherals Vintage Control Interface PCB Optrex LCD Module Lot of 2

$49.00