Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using CUPS to configure a network printer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7

    Using CUPS to configure a network printer

    Hello, I am having some trouble configuring a network printer. I was able to use the add printer utility in the Knoppix 4.02 Distro to go as far as the driver installation, but the recommended driver would not install (missing components or something) I found another driver selection that printed a half page before breaking so I know my IP address was correct (no luck since then) What would be the procedure to add a printer driver so that it would be visible in the choices in the control center/ printing configuration/driver installation. My printer happens to be a Canon BJC-2110, and I believe that the correct driver is gimp-print, again, I do not know how to get it there. -I am a newbe

    Thanks for any help in Advance!

    jbikejavascript:emoticon('')
    Cool

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    Hi,
    Did you make any progress? I'm trying to use Knoppix on my PC to get to my Mac's USB printer. What do I do in http://localhost:631?
    Frank

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by transistordude
    Hi,
    Did you make any progress? I'm trying to use Knoppix on my PC to get to my Mac's USB printer. What do I do in http://localhost:631?
    Frank
    I was successful, allthough I am still having trouble. Problem is that I cannot (do not know how to) install the correct printer driver for my CanonBJC2110. Some of the installed printer drivers work for some doc's but not for all. I still need help.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 06:25 PM
  2. needed to configure network printer.....
    By ira in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:43 AM
  3. lexmark printer problem under CUPS
    By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
  4. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  5. wishlist: preinstalled PDF-printer in CUPS
    By heinere in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 01:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM picture

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM

$8.88



Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM picture

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM

$39.99



IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New picture

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New

$999.99



2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500 picture

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500

$119.00



IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver  Untested As PARTS. Read Description. picture

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.

$32.99



IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan picture

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan

$19.99



IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver  Untested picture

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested

$40.49



IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A picture

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A

$70.00



IBM Genuine OEM Network Printer 12 Toner Cartridge 63H3005 Printer Ink - NEW  picture

IBM Genuine OEM Network Printer 12 Toner Cartridge 63H3005 Printer Ink - NEW

$119.58



IBM ThinkPad UltraBay Hard Drive Lot 3 OEM HDD Caddies 20GB 40GB & 60GB Drives picture

IBM ThinkPad UltraBay Hard Drive Lot 3 OEM HDD Caddies 20GB 40GB & 60GB Drives

$59.99