-
Knoppix 4.0 DVD - Network hangup on MSI-7025 integrated NIC
I have an intermittant problem with complete networking hangups during operation. I have an MSI-7025 K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard with two integrated nics.
What happens is - I can boot and use the live DVD for a time then networking capability is gone.
It is a dual boot machine and I reboot in to Windows XP and the network is still gone. Windows can't use the NICs either.
The only solution is to remove power from the box by switching the power supply off (not just shutting down). It's as if the nic goes in to complete latchup.
I have also seen this on a friend's system. Any ideas or updates that are available? I'd like to install knoppix but I'm afraid of this problem.
Jon
Similar Threads
-
By olddave in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
-
By redlair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By desanti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By motthe3rd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By darkhanz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 06:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79