I have an intermittant problem with complete networking hangups during operation. I have an MSI-7025 K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard with two integrated nics.
What happens is - I can boot and use the live DVD for a time then networking capability is gone.
It is a dual boot machine and I reboot in to Windows XP and the network is still gone. Windows can't use the NICs either.
The only solution is to remove power from the box by switching the power supply off (not just shutting down). It's as if the nic goes in to complete latchup.
I have also seen this on a friend's system. Any ideas or updates that are available? I'd like to install knoppix but I'm afraid of this problem.
Jon

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
LENOVO THINKSTATION P920 XEON GOLD 6128 3.4GHz 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$1550.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54