there is ups monitoring available for linux, one is genpower, i do not know if knoppix has anything like it.
I do know that in Debian (which knoppix is derived from) you can install it.
I just wanted to know if linux has a program built in to control my APC battery back up. I need software to tell my computer to shut down after a power failure. In windows it is built into the program. I want to try linux out because it is much better. If I can get this to work I can switch. Thanks Michael
there is ups monitoring available for linux, one is genpower, i do not know if knoppix has anything like it.
I do know that in Debian (which knoppix is derived from) you can install it.
http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/apcupsd is not included on the CD or DVD but can be added by running the commands:
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install apcupsd

Vintage Computer Peripherals Inc. Ramsack III ISA Memory Expansion 16bit 8 SIMM
$85.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Vintage Retro NOS Seagate ST-277R-1 65MB 5.25" RLL Hard Drive Vintage XT AT Era
$129.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00
Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99