Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: SATA on nForce4 chipset (ABIT KN8-SLI)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    SATA on nForce4 chipset (ABIT KN8-SLI)

    Hi,

    I tried to boot knoppix (v4.0.2) on my new PC (using an ABIT KN8-SLI motherboard and nForce4 chipset). However, it did not detect my SATA hard disk.

    Are there any boot arguments I need to provide?

    I am currently at work, but will post the lspci output this evening.

    Thanks

    Andy

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    lspci -v output below

    Any help appreciated.

    Andy

    0000:00:00.0 Memory controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005e (rev a3)
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0
    Capabilities: [44] #08 [01e0]
    Capabilities: [e0] #08 [a801]

    0000:00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0050 (rev a3)
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0

    0000:00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0052 (rev a2)
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: 66MHz, fast devsel, IRQ 5
    I/O ports at bc00 [size=32]
    I/O ports at 1c00 [size=64]
    I/O ports at 1c40 [size=64]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005a (rev a2) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
    Memory at fe02a000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005b (rev a3) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
    Memory at feb00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Capabilities: [44] #0a [2098]
    Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0059 (rev a2)
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
    I/O ports at cc00 [size=256]
    I/O ports at c800 [size=256]
    Memory at fe02c000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:06.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0053 (rev f2) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0
    I/O ports at d000 [size=16]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:07.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0054 (rev f3) (prog-if 85 [Master SecO PriO])
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
    I/O ports at 09f0 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 0bf0 [size=4]
    I/O ports at 0970 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 0b70 [size=4]
    I/O ports at d400 [size=16]
    Memory at fe02d000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:08.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0055 (rev f3) (prog-if 85 [Master SecO PriO])
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 22
    I/O ports at 09e0 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 0be0 [size=4]
    I/O ports at 0960 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 0b60 [size=4]
    I/O ports at e800 [size=16]
    Memory at fe02e000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:09.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005c (rev a2) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=05, subordinate=05, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 00009000-00009fff
    Memory behind bridge: fde00000-fdefffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: fdd00000-fddfffff

    0000:00:0a.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0057 (rev a3)
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 20
    Memory at fe02f000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    I/O ports at fc00 [size=8]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    0000:00:0b.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005d (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=04, subordinate=04, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00006000-00006fff
    Memory behind bridge: fd800000-fd8fffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000fd700000-00000000fd700000
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [48] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/1 Enable-
    Capabilities: [58] #08 [a800]
    Capabilities: [80] #10 [0141]

    0000:00:0c.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005d (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00007000-00007fff
    Memory behind bridge: fda00000-fdafffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000fd900000-00000000fd900000
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [48] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/1 Enable-
    Capabilities: [58] #08 [a800]
    Capabilities: [80] #10 [0141]

    0000:00:0d.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005d (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00008000-00008fff
    Memory behind bridge: fdc00000-fdcfffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000fdb00000-00000000fdb00000
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [48] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/1 Enable-
    Capabilities: [58] #08 [a800]
    Capabilities: [80] #10 [0141]

    0000:00:0e.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 005d (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000afff
    Memory behind bridge: fdf00000-fdffffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d8000000-00000000dff00000
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [48] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/1 Enable-
    Capabilities: [58] #08 [a800]
    Capabilities: [80] #10 [0141]

    0000:00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    Flags: fast devsel
    Capabilities: [80] #08 [2101]

    0000:00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    Flags: fast devsel

    0000:00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    Flags: fast devsel

    0000:00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    Flags: fast devsel

    0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5d4f (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: PC Partner Limited: Unknown device 1600
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 5
    Memory at d8000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    Memory at fdff0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    I/O ports at ac00 [size=256]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] #10 [0001]
    Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-

    0000:01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5d6f
    Subsystem: PC Partner Limited: Unknown device 1601
    Flags: fast devsel
    Memory at fdfe0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] #10 [0001]

    0000:05:06.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB22/A IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
    Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 1c1b
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 18
    Memory at fdeff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Memory at fdef8000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

Similar Threads

  1. Abit NF7 & Knoppix 3.7 - mass storage (USB)
    By PrezeS in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 06:42 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 07:37 PM
  3. ABIT kv8pro Onboard ether not working
    By marshalx in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 09:36 AM
  4. Abit IS7 NIC module, how to load it from floppy?
    By arkaine23 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
  5. KNOPPIX and ABIT KD7?!?!?
    By r4z3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$199.99



G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN picture

G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN

$149.99



Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM

$65000.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz picture

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz

$380.00