-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Compaq Presario 900

Originally Posted by
5han3
Any ideas? I checked some other posts and found:
linux nomce ide=nodma pci=biosirq
for RH but I'm not sure if there's a cheat for KNOPPIX as such (apparently the MCE is a known problem)
Also it appears that I've got some funky IRQ's
- Thanks
You can use those they are just parameter's that can be passed to the kernel at boot time it does not matter if it is Redhat or Knoppix(Debian) that you are booting. Also they are already included in the cheat codes page.
-
Still having troubles...
Hi - I have the same problem - EVO n1015v... I have tried booting with "knoppix -b" and that does give me a cl interface. However, when you said earlier to call "/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig &" is where I seem to get lost... I am not sure what command you are excecuting and where you are looking from there. I VI'd that file to look at it, but I am still pretty much a newbie, and am not familiar enough with linux commands yet... any further assistance you could provide would be hugely appreciated!
ps: the knoppix noaudio has the same results (after autoconfig, it hangs).. actually pretty much all the cheats i used have the same result so far...
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By micheles in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
-
By opmvz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By wapno1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 09:39 AM
-
By gabe66 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 01:47 PM
-
By Guest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard
$55.99

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99