-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Compaq Presario 900

Originally Posted by
5han3
Any ideas? I checked some other posts and found:
linux nomce ide=nodma pci=biosirq
for RH but I'm not sure if there's a cheat for KNOPPIX as such (apparently the MCE is a known problem)
Also it appears that I've got some funky IRQ's
- Thanks
You can use those they are just parameter's that can be passed to the kernel at boot time it does not matter if it is Redhat or Knoppix(Debian) that you are booting. Also they are already included in the cheat codes page.
-
Still having troubles...
Hi - I have the same problem - EVO n1015v... I have tried booting with "knoppix -b" and that does give me a cl interface. However, when you said earlier to call "/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig &" is where I seem to get lost... I am not sure what command you are excecuting and where you are looking from there. I VI'd that file to look at it, but I am still pretty much a newbie, and am not familiar enough with linux commands yet... any further assistance you could provide would be hugely appreciated!
ps: the knoppix noaudio has the same results (after autoconfig, it hangs).. actually pretty much all the cheats i used have the same result so far...
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By micheles in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
-
By opmvz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By wapno1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 09:39 AM
-
By gabe66 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 01:47 PM
-
By Guest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Biwin Black Opal DW100 DDR5 RGB RAM 48 GB (24 GBx2) 6000 MHz CL28 DDR5
$439.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

Ballistix Sport Red 16GB (2x8GB) BLS8G4D240FSE DDR4-2400
$65.00

6x Kingston KSM24SES8/8ME 8GB ECC + 3x DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM Lot
$222.00