You could try a cheatcode:
onboard video can cause problems sometime.Code:knoppix xmodule=fbdev
Just tried to boot KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN on a system build around an Intel D945GNT motherboard with an Intel® 945G Express Chipset consisting of:
• Intel® 82945G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) with Direct Media Interface
• Intel® 82801GB I/O Controller Hub (ICH7) or 82801GR I/O Controller Hub (ICH7R) supporting Intel® Matrix Storage Technology
• Firmware Hub (FWH)
Graphics:
• Intel 945G Express Chipset with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Audio:
• Intel 945G Express Chipset
• Intel® High Definition Audio interface
• SigmaTel* codec
I get the error message:
error: no suitable x-server found for your card
And then I'm dropped at a root prompt. Same thing happens when I boot with an earlier Knoppix CD (v3.8.2 2005-05-05 EN).
It's a new PC, I just installed Fedora Core 4, with some problems, but much less severe.
Any suggestions please on how to proceed?
Cheers
Greg
You could try a cheatcode:
onboard video can cause problems sometime.Code:knoppix xmodule=fbdev

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$260.98
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore 64 Vintage Computer – Original Box – MATCHING SERIAL # – Untested
$199.00
Commodore Plus/4 computer for parts or restore
$50.00
Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99
Commodore Amiga 1200 Keyboard, Caps Lock LED Faulty TESTED
$99.99
Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99