You could try a cheatcode:
onboard video can cause problems sometime.Code:knoppix xmodule=fbdev
Just tried to boot KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN on a system build around an Intel D945GNT motherboard with an Intel® 945G Express Chipset consisting of:
• Intel® 82945G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) with Direct Media Interface
• Intel® 82801GB I/O Controller Hub (ICH7) or 82801GR I/O Controller Hub (ICH7R) supporting Intel® Matrix Storage Technology
• Firmware Hub (FWH)
Graphics:
• Intel 945G Express Chipset with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Audio:
• Intel 945G Express Chipset
• Intel® High Definition Audio interface
• SigmaTel* codec
I get the error message:
error: no suitable x-server found for your card
And then I'm dropped at a root prompt. Same thing happens when I boot with an earlier Knoppix CD (v3.8.2 2005-05-05 EN).
It's a new PC, I just installed Fedora Core 4, with some problems, but much less severe.
Any suggestions please on how to proceed?
Cheers
Greg
You could try a cheatcode:
onboard video can cause problems sometime.Code:knoppix xmodule=fbdev

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87
APC NetShelter 42U SX Base Rack (AR3350)
$950.00