you can use K3B (KIIIB) to burn DVD's.
I've had a Windows Meltdown - I cant boot into it, safe mode or not. I am not bothered, it was my own doing and cant be fixed.
I need to burn a few DVDs of my most important files that are on my windows drive from within knoppix. Is there any inbuilt software, or some that I can download, to do this?
you can use K3B (KIIIB) to burn DVD's.
I only have one disk drive. I tried to install knoppix to my HD using 'knoppix tohd=/dev/hda1' but that said 'device /dev/hda1 could not be mounted'.
hmm, ok, then perhaps over network to another computer? or a second hdd?
or perhaps this is a solution for you. if you use RW media it might be ok.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14781
or the cheat code that lets you do this?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
here is another tread.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14781
UH, that's the same thread as you quoted above. Not that this subject hasn't been talked to death in these forums and that anyone not to lazy to look shouldn't be able to find lots of solutions.Originally Posted by OErjan
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00